AV Manager - Nottingham Belfry Hotel
Title: AV Manager
Reports to: Venue Account Manager
Location: Nottingham Belfry Hotel, Nottingham
Salary: 23 – 25k depending on experience
Package: Overtime and bonus available – OTE 28k, health benefits, retail discount scheme, mobile phone, laptop.
Who are we?
Universal Live – Event Production: Designed, Built, Delivered.
Universal Live is a full-service technical solutions provider to the live event industry.
From our Head Office in West Yorkshire and our branches in Manchester, and Newcastle, we provide equipment and support to live event clients including Event Management and Production Companies throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Specifically, the company supplies Sound, Light, Vision, Stage, Power and Media.
As an employee, you’ll work alongside a dedicated team of professionals with a commitment to deliver great events and have some fun along the way.
What you’ll be doing:
The Nottingham Belfry Hotel is a longstanding and key client of the company. We work in partnership with a range of hotel chains, with many of their venues having on-site technicians and equipment. We are looking for an AV Manager to provide technical support where required to clients within the hotel, bringing together the various elements of Universal Live’s full solution offering to deliver top-class live events for our clients. We also require a manager who is keen to focus on upselling Universal Live’s services to the hotel’s clients. So whilst you are an employee of Universal you will be based on-site at the hotel, amongst their staff and follow their policies and procedures. This is a brand new role with a fresh client, waiting for the successful person to put their stamp on it.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To service and coordinate all AV requirements as requested by clients through the hotel events team
• To contact clients in relation to future bookings within the hotel and upsell our services where possible
• To offer technical advice and support to the hotel’s sales and events team
• Ensuring that all kit is set up neatly and to a high standard.
• To generate proposals for events and work directly with clients to ensure that their event runs smoothly.
• To keep an ongoing stock check of equipment stored on site
• Keep an up-to-date running sheet of work, along with submitting a weekly costs sheet.
• To act as a project manager, with the support of the Live Project Managers, for larger events.
• To work with the hotel’s operation staff to ensure each room has correctly set up AV equipment
• To supervise any freelance staff who are working on our behalf.
What you’ll need to do it:
The successful candidate will need to have a proven interest in the live event industry, ideally with hands-on knowledge of audio visual, sound, lighting, rigging, set and staging equipment.
• Experience in a related role
• Hands-on technical knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of the hotel conference industry
• The ability to self manage and self motivate whilst working in a team
• Good person management skills
• The ability to take your own initiative
• To be client-facing and well presented
• The flexibility to work overtime as required and at short notice
• Attention to detail and pride in their work
• To be hardworking and enthusiastic
• A Full UK Driving Licence (must hold a license for at least 1 year prior)
• Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Visio, Word and Outlook. Hiretrack knowledge is also an advantage.
The small print:
• This is a permanent full-time post commencing as soon as possible.
• There is a probation period of six months.
• This is a full-time post with occasional evening and weekend work, for which overtime will be paid.
• Basic hours of work are normally 08:00-17:00 with a one-hour lunch break.
• Salary for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation.
• The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 23 days per annum rising to 25 with service
• Auto-enrolment pension
• Death in service, income protection and accident cover
• Overtime and bonus scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Christmas parties and regular team and company socials
• Training and ongoing development
Send CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com