Events Technician Job Description
Title: Events Technician (Sound or AV focussed)
Location: Keighley, BD21 5AL
Salary: £ 20 – 24k depending on experience. (OTE 30k)
Package: Overtime and bonus available, pension, health benefits, retail discount scheme.
Who are we?
Universal Live – Event Production: Designed, Built, Delivered.
Universal Live is a full service technical solutions provider to the live event industry.
From our Head Office in West Yorkshire and our branch in Manchester, we provide equipment and support to live event clients including Event Management and Production Companies throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
Specifically the company supplies Sound, Light, Vision, Stage, Power and Media.
As an employee you’ll work alongside a dedicated team of professionals with a commitment to deliver great events and have some fun along the way.
What will you do?
We are looking for a hard-working and self-motivated individual to join our operations team at our Keighley warehouse. We are particularly interested in persons who can demonstrate an interest in our industry and equipment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Technical operation of events onsite with clients
• Delivery and set up of Audio Visual for events and projects onsite
• To service all AV requirements as requested by clients
• To undertake basic maintenance and repairs of equipment
• Work at local warehouse branch
• Preparation of event equipment
• Operating the internal equipment rental and booking system
• Ensuring all equipment is accounted for, stored neatly and kept well maintained.
• Participate in the annual stock check and ongoing PAT testing
• Representing the company as a professional technician for a variety of key clients.
• To ensure all equipment upon leaving and returning to the depot is checked in and out correctly, following warehouse procedures
• To ensure that the equipment and storage is taken care of in line with company standards
• To check that all consumable stock levels are ordered and kept up to date
What you need to do it:
The successful candidate will ideally have some knowledge of the events or hospitality industry, and be a highly motivated individual able to work on their own or as part of the team with a pro-active and determined approach.
• Experience in a related role
• Demonstrate a logical approach
• Smartly Presented
• Able to work overtime as required and at short notice
• Ability to communicate and consult effectively.
• Ability to self-manage and self-motivate whilst working in a team
• Good IT Skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Be able show good time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Good attention to detail
• Hard working and enthusiastic
• Full driving licence and van driving experience.
The small print:
• This is a permanent full time post commencing as soon as possible
• There is a probation period of six months
• This is a full-time post with occasional evening and weekend working, for which overtime will be paid
• Basic hours of work are normally 08:30-17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break
• Salary for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation
• The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 23 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus bank holidays and rises with service
Ben Phillips | Operations Director
T. 01274 200292