Universal Live considers effective management of safety, health, environment, energy and quality to be of prime importance to the sustained success of the business.
Universal Live are committed to reducing its impact upon the environment. Our objective is to create a climate of excellence not only in our products and services, but also for our employees, and persons affected by our activities and the environment.
We will manage our activities to minimise wherever practicable their effect on the environment. In this we are committed at all levels and within all functions of the organisation to continual improvement. We recognise that this will only be achieved through the monitoring of our environmental performance against objectives set by the environmental manager and in the light of any new knowledge, changing legislation or public concerns.
We are committed to:-
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace
- Having an environmentally aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling
- Where possible, using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually
Universal works closely with its business partners and leading manufacturers to ensure that we are kept abreast of changes in environmental legislation and best practise and plan accordingly.
Working within the Audio Visual sector means that we are fully WEEE aware and compliant and receive regular updates on the safe disposal of electronic equipment. By the very nature of work we carry out we have to ensure that any electrical equipment is disposed of in a suitable manner via the WEEE process and act under license number NJJ725.